Nobody ever said being a parent was easy. Among other things, it requires a somewhat tricky balancing act between keeping your kids safe and providing them enough freedom in order to grow and learn. We get it. None of us want to be annoying helicopter parents, but we want to be able to check in from time to time and make sure our kids are where they’re supposed to be. That’s why we turned to technology to help, specifically by using the car GPS tracking device.
Maybe you feel a little weird about using GPS on your kid’s car. You don’t want to be a nag, you just want a little bit of peace of mind to make sure everything is okay. Again, we get it, and we’re right there with you. Read on for a few reasons why we like using family GPS, and why we think you will too.
- The biggest and most obvious benefit is knowing where your kids are at any given moment and not having to worry. The last thing you want is to be the parent that calls constantly “just to check in,” and drives your teen insane. Instead of interrupting their time with friends, you can discreetly check their location and enjoy a little bit of relaxation.
- On the other hand, what if there’s an emergency, or your child gets into a situation that’s uncomfortable and unexpected? In situations like that, time can be critical, and you don’t want to be wasting time trying to determine their location. As soon as you’re aware of an issue, GPS gives you the ability to head in their direction immediately.
- Along similar lines, suppose your teen finds him or herself in a situation that’s not so great? They want a way out, but maybe they can’t make a phone call or send a text. GPS is more sophisticated than ever, and apps are available that give your teen the ability to use a panic button. It can notify you within seconds, and give you the extra time needed to get on the road.
- We all want to think our kids are perfectly well-behaved and completely responsible. Then we think back to what we were like at that age. To some degree or another, teens are going to push boundaries and test their limitations. That just might mean going somewhere they shouldn’t. If that’s potentially an issue for your family, GPS can not only provide you with their moment-to-moment whereabouts, but it can also force accountability and teach responsibility with a hard-learned lesson.
- It’s important knowing where your children are, but it can be equally important to know when they leave. GPS systems have the ability to send you a notification of when your child’s vehicle has started moving. This won’t just put your mind at ease, but it can also be very useful for planning family gatherings and handling a dynamic family schedule.
Technology has the means to make your life easier in general, and GPS technology can remove much of the parenting guesswork in particular. If you have questions, or you’re ready to get the process started, contact us today.